Local Services

Services rendered by the Local Council

Door-to-door Collection of household waste
Domestic waste is collected every Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
Collection starts at 8.00 a.m. The Council notifies the residents that garbage
should not be left out earlier than one hour before it is collected.

Door to door Seperation waste Collection

Seperation waste is collected only on Tuesday. Note that only Metal, Plastic &
Paper should be separeted.

Bulky Refuse
For the collection of bulky refuse please phone during office hours. The Council
offers this service free of charge to all residents. If you have any query
regarding the service do not hesitate to contact us.

Internet and WI-FI Hotspot
The Internet situated at the Council premises is open to the public from Monday
to Saturday office hours. The access is free of charge.

Library Service
The library service is situated at the administrative local council building. The access is free of charge although a membership is required.

The library is offering its services every

Tuesday 9.30 a.m. till noon

Thursday 2.30 p.m. till 4.30 p.m.

Saturday 9.30 a.m. till noon

Street Sweeping
The Council provides the service for the cleaning of urban roads. Help us keep
Ta’ Sannat clean.

Dog litter
It is illegal to leave dog litter on public property. Persons leaving their pet
litter on public property will be fined as per relevant Legal Notice.

Non-Urban Cleaning
Anyone spotting any rubbish dumps in the non urban (public) area of our locality
please report to us giving exact details of the site. If you have any bulky
rubbish please use the bulky refuse service, DO NOT dump in the countryside.

Collection of dead animals
Please call our offices for the collection of dead animals in public spaces.

Maintenance of Traffic Signs and Road Markings
The Council makes sure that traffic signs and road markings are kept in good
condition for the safety in our roads.

Road Maintenance

Gardens and Public Spaces in the locality are maintained by the Council. Please
help us keep our locality in a good condition. If you have any information about
vandalism please report immediately to the Local Council or police.

People organising a barbeque must obtain a permit from the Local Council. The
date must be booked beforehand. The Council charges a fee according to the
Regulations. A permit must also be obtained for the use of generator or sound

Barbeques are not permitted on the beach area.

Services for the Elderly
Kartanzjan – Persons loosing their Kartanzjan can call at the Council’s office
during office hours. We will apply for a new one.

Telecare Service – If you wish to apply for Telecare service please contact us
by phone or personally during office hours.

Day Care Centre for Elderly People at Ghajnsielem every Wednesday.

Permits from Local Council
Regulations of 2002 regarding Activities requiring a Local Council’s permit

– Placing of skip in public property

– Placing of kiddie ride machines in public property
– Deposit of building material in public property

– Deposit and use of crane and machinery

– Placing of tables and chairs in public property for catering services

– Placing of kiosk

– Occasional Entertainment

A fee may be charged according to the Regulations.
The Council may deem necessary to commission a Local Warden for the duration of

Trenching Works
All trenching works require a permit from the Local Council and other entities
(TP6) Permit for Plant Maintenance and Street/Road Surface Repair Works not
exceeding the total surface area of 5.00sq.m. and maximum of 1.5m in depth.
Applications can be obtained from the Council’s office. A certificate from an
insurance is required. Permit is then issued from the Local Council according to
Legal Notice 313 of 2002.

(TP1) Permits for:
– the excavation of long trenches with a size over 5 sq m in surface area, by
one and a half metres in depth
– road scarifying and resurfacing
– new construction of a road
– reinforcement of abutting road

An application for TP1 can be registered at the Local Council’s office, at the
Malta Transport Authority or any other entity. After the approval from various
entities, the permit is then issued by the MTA according to Chapter 10, section
29 – Code of Police Laws.

Trading Licences
Payments for Trading Licences from the year 2004 are being accepted at the
Council’s Office.

Payment of Police and Local Warden’s Contraventions
Payments can be made at the Council’s Office during office hours. An automated
receipt is given for each payment.

Other services
Feel free to phone at the Council’s office during office hours if you have
any query or use our online form at the bottom of the screen